1st Line Technical Apprentice
1st Line Technical Apprentice
- Job Type: Apprentice: Full-time
- 38.25 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Location: Kidderminster
- Salary: You earn while you learn, OGL offers a generous salary
- Team: Helpdesk
- You earn while you learn, OGL offers a generous salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Monthly dress down days
- Development opportunities
Are you ready for a new challenge and to take your technical skills to the next level with an award-winning Apprenticeship provider?
We are very proud to have recently been awarded Large Apprenticeship Employer of the Year at the 2018 Worcestershire Apprenticeships Awards, which reflects the high value we place on our Apprentices!
We are currently looking to recruit a 1st Line Technical Apprentice to join our busy technical division. This is an office-based role, so expect to walk into an environment that is always buzzing. As 1st Line Technical Apprentice you’ll be liaising with our customers and logging technical incidents, troubleshooting, problem solving or escalating within agreed time frames. No two days are ever the same in this role, you could be dealing with a critical virus outbreak or adding a new printer to the network.
This exciting apprenticeship gives you a wide spectrum of learning about the very latest in technology and combines both traditional Server and Network learning, with the very latest Cloud based environment. The right candidate for this role will need to be customer focused and have a keen interest in developing their IT skills.
The Technical department has a blend of technical and non-technical staff, some of whom were previously apprentices themselves. So, if you’re looking for a new challenge and personal development, then OGL can support and help you get there.
- Logging customer support incidents (via phone and email)
- Diagnose & remotely resolve hardware and software faults
- Attending customer sites to assist with hardware repairs
- Maintaining and monitoring backups
- Installation and configuration of printers including adding to the network and sharing
- Installation and configuration of laptops and PC’s
- Microsoft Office upgrades
- New User configuration and password resets
Skills & Experience...
- Customer focused
- Good knowledge of general IT
- Understanding of Microsoft software and operating systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Enthusiastic about IT and technology
- Capable of working on their own initiative
- Able to work well in a team environment
Email our Recruitment Team at [email protected] with your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are perfect for this role.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please call 01299 873 873.
We reserve the right to close any vacancy from further applications when we have received a sufficient number of applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
Please note that we are working in partnership with TDM, our training provider for this role, and your CV may be shared with them as part of the review process in order for them to contact you to progress your application.