1st Line Technical Apprentice
- You earn while you learn, OGL offers a generous salary
- Excellent development and progression opportunities
- 25 days’ holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Free on-site parking
An overview of the opportunity...
We are currently looking to recruit a 1st Line Technical Apprentice to join our busy technical division. The role involves liaising with our customers and logging technical incidents, troubleshooting, problem solving or escalating within agreed time frames. The right candidate will need to be customer focused and have a keen interest in developing their IT skills.
Managing our customer expectations and providing robust technical solutions, will ensure our customers are given the level of service expected of a reputable 40 plus year business. We are very proud of our meticulous attention to detail, high standards, and customer service. So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to kick start an exciting IT career, then please get in touch…
Hours: 38.25 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Logging customer support incidents (via phone and email)
- Resolving customer queries
- Diagnose hardware and software faults
- Setting up new user accounts, profiles and password issues
- Ensuring all unresolved calls are escalated to relevant teams and departments
- Maintain and develop customer relationships
- Working with technical and non-technical staff to resolve customer queries
What you should expect…
This is an office-based role, so expect to walk into an environment that is always buzzing. Your day may involve supporting a customer that has had a critical virus outbreak or may need a new printer adding to the network, either way, no two days are ever the same in this role.
Who you will be working with...
This is an exciting apprenticeship, that gives you a wide spectrum of learning about the very latest in technology and combines both traditional Server and Network learning, with the very latest Cloud based environment.
The technical department has a blend of technical and non-technical staff, some of whom were previously apprentices themselves. So, if you’re looking for a new challenge and personal development, then OGL can support and help you get there.
The ideal candidate’s skills...
- Customer focused
- Good knowledge of general IT
- Understanding of Microsoft software and operating systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Enthusiastic about IT and Technology
- Capable of working on their own initiative Ability to prioritise tasks
- Able to work well in a team environment
If you like the sound of the opportunity we have on offer and are excited about working with our customers, we would love to hear from you.
Email our Recruitment Team with your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are perfect for this role.