External Account Manager
- Attractive salary package, dependent on experience
- 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Company vehicle
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Development opportunities
An overview of the opportunity...
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic External Account Manager, with a passion for IT, to join our Sales team based at our offices in Kidderminster. You'll be a key member of our IT Solutions Division because you'll be crucial in building and maintaining our customer relationships. You'll ensure we understand our existing customers’ needs in order to provide them with a selection of IT infrastructure, IT security products and associated software licences.
Working in the Account Management Department, you will be proactively promoting and selling our services whilst building positive, long lasting working relationships with customers. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage with all levels of the business.
Hours: 38.25 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Be the main point of contact for a selection of OGL’s existing customers
- Achievement of monthly and quarterly targets, both for the renewal of existing contracts and the generation of new business sales across all OGL’s products and services
- Build strong customer relationships by visiting customers on a quarterly basis
- Preparation of accurate proposals and other sales documentation
- Attend weekly meetings with line manager for discuss potential and weekly activity
- Keep abreast of technological developments to enable discussion with customers regarding potential benefits
What you should expect…
Training on IT products and services offered by the External Account Management team will be provided, including training on our systems and processes. We offer ongoing coaching on all aspects of the sales process, providing you with opportunities to learn and achieve.
The ideal candidate’s skills...
- It is essential that applicants have previous experience in an IT environment, an IT qualification or a demonstrable interest in IT infrastructure and IT security
- Applicants should be sales focused, target driven and self-motivated
- Confident with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Outlook
- A commitment to create a first-class customer service environment
- An excellent telephone manner and good communication skills
- Strong organisational and administration skills
Who you will be working with...
You’ll be working with a team of dynamic External Account Managers who have an unwavering passion to meet not only their targets, which have a large impact on our sales pipeline, but also our customers’ needs and requirements.