IT Sales Apprentice
- Job Type: Apprentice: Full-time
- 38.25 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Location: Kidderminster, office-based
- Salary: Above the national apprenticeship minimum wage and bonus opportunities
- Team: Sales
- You earn while you learn, OGL offers a generous salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Employee benefits package including leisure, travel and retail discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Full development and training given
- Long-term progression opportunities – grow your own career
We have an exciting opportunity for talented individuals keen to take their first step towards a career in IT Sales.
We are looking to recruit a number of IT Sales Apprentices to join our Sales departments based at our offices in Kidderminster. The role is ideal for an individual either wanting to embark on their IT sales career or changing career direction. You’ll be making appointments for our IT specialists, talking to our customers about their IT strategies, working with our sales administrators and sharing ideas with our marketing team.
We are very proud to have recently been awarded Large Apprenticeship Employer of the Year at the 2018 Worcestershire Apprenticeships Awards. Working together with a local apprenticeship provider, we will ensure that you receive an excellent foundation in both sales and IT training, as well as having the opportunity to work in our various sales teams. You’ll be supported as you develop within the role with on the job training provided by our in-house IT and sales trainers. Your learning doesn’t stop there, regular vendor days, e-learning and in-house coaching are available to make sure that you stay at the very top of your game.
OGL has been delivering technology solutions to organisations across the UK for over 40 years from IT solutions and support services to cyber security and our own ERP software. As our business continues to grow, we are looking for new talent to embrace and sell new technologies in a fast-moving, progressive environment. We are a company that wants to empower you to reach your full potential and progress your OGL career.
- Building strong relationships with customers
- Generating and qualifying sales leads
- Appointment making
- Accurate record keeping of all customer contact information
- Preparation of accurate quotations and sales order documentation
- Supporting customers in obtaining purchases
- Negotiating and closing sales
- Processing sales orders
- Meeting customers’ after sales needs
- Ownership of learning to develop and build your sales career with us
- Keeping up to date with the latest technological developments to ensure you’re able to discuss potential benefits with customers
Skills & Experience...
- Interest in a sales and/or IT environment is essential
- Applicants should be self-motivated, target-driven and a team player with a can-do attitude
- A commitment to creating a first-class customer service environment
- An excellent telephone manner and good communication skills
- Strong organisational and administration ability
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Email our Recruitment Team at [email protected] with your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are perfect for this role.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please call 01299 873 873.
We reserve the right to close any vacancy from further applications when we have received a sufficient number of applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply without delay, if you wish to be considered for this role.
Please note that we are working in partnership with Intequal, our training provider for this role, and your CV may be shared with them as part of the review process in order for them to contact you to progress your application.