IT Technical Apprentice
- You earn while you learn, OGL offers a generous salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Free on-site parking
- Development and progression opportunities
An overview of the opportunity...
As an IT Technical Apprentice, you will be required to undertake a variety of tasks throughout the Computer Services Division at OGL.
This opportunity is a very ‘hands on’ role and previous experience of problem solving, providing telephone support, knowledge of PC’s would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will hold excellent communication and customer service skills and have a willingness to learn and develop in order to progress with the organisation.
Hours: 38.25 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Logging customer support incidents (via phone and email)
- Diagnose & remotely resolve hardware and software faults
- Attending customer sites to assist with hardware repairs
- Maintaining and monitoring backups
- Installation and configuration of printers including adding to the network and sharing
- Installation and configuration of laptops and PC’s
- Microsoft Office upgrades
- New User configuration and password resets
What you should expect…
Working within various teams within the Technical department including, the Service Desk, Planned Services, Field Support and Hosted Services, you will gain a good understanding of all aspects of the department, providing high-quality technical support and customer service to our customers.
The ideal candidate’s skills...
- A good knowledge of general IT with an understanding of Microsoft software and operating systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Enthusiastic about IT and Technology
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Full UK Driving Licence required to travel to customer sites (Company pool car provided)
Who you will be working with...
This is an exciting apprenticeship, that gives you a wide spectrum of learning about the very latest in technology and combines both traditional Server and Network learning, with the very latest Cloud based environment.
The technical department has a blend of technical and non-technical staff, some of whom were previously apprentices themselves. So, if you’re looking for a new challenge and personal development, then OGL can support and help you get there.