Junior Desktop Engineer
- Job Type: Permanent - Full-time
- 38.25 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Location: Kidderminster
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Team: Planned Services
- Attractive salary package, dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company car
- Private healthcare
- Employee benefits package including leisure, travel and retail discounts
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Monthly dress down days
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Development opportunities
We are looking for a Junior Desktop Engineer, who has a passion for pursuing a career in the IT industry, to join our Planned Services team. Working closely with the Planned Service Manager, you’ll be part of a team delivering solutions and installing IT equipment. You’ll be also be responsible for identifying improvements in the efficiencies in the delivery process to improve the service delivered to OGL customers
You’ll require strong customer service skills as this field-based role will involve visiting our customers throughout the UK and installing new PC, thin client, scanner and printed solutions. You will have the opportunity to meet a wide variety of interesting customers, working alongside our friendly team of Technical Engineers to deliver the level of service and IT expertise we are reputed for.
We are very proud of our meticulous attention to detail, high standards, and customer relationships and we’re looking for an Engineer who is driven to deliver a high-quality service. So, if you’re looking for a career that’s not just challenging, but full of potential and rewards, then please get in touch…
- To investigate, diagnose and troubleshoot installation related issues
- Manage the provision and installation of the solutions delivered
- Liaison and installation of 3rd party software
Skills & Experience...
- Some previous experience of installing and configuring PC’s, thin clients, scanners and printers would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and 365 products
- A can-do attitude, and team player
- Investigative skills and desire to problem solve
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience within a field support environment
- Passion for emerging technologies and self-development
- Working towards or having completed an IT qualification i.e. HND Level 5
- This is a field-based role so a full driving licence and the ability to travel is essential.
Email our Recruitment Team at [email protected] with your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are perfect for this role.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please call 01299 873 873.
We reserve the right to close any vacancy from further applications when we have received a sufficient number of applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.