Linux Infrastructure Engineer
- Job Type: Permanent - Full-time
- Hours: 38.25 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Location: Stourport-on-Severn
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Team: Software Support
- Attractive salary package, dependent on experience
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Employee benefits package including leisure, travel and retail discounts
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Monthly dress down days
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Development opportunities
We have a new opening within the Linux Infrastructure team for an Engineer that will install our ERP system, offer support, maintain and provide guidance to our software customer base. It’s an exciting opportunity for either an experienced engineer or a person wishing to embark upon a career within the Linux environment.
The Linux Infrastructure Engineer will take responsibility for the successful installation, implementation and support of our bespoke ERP application, prof.ITplus (both on premise and hosted solutions). You may be tasked to attend pre-sales consultancy visits and report on your findings, upgrade a Linux Operating System to the latest version or work within the Linux Infrastructure team to offer support on our ERP Software.
You’ll report to our Linux Infrastructure and Web Support Manager who heads up our Helpdesk Linux Infrastructure Team which encompasses both installations and support. The Helpdesk Team consists of prof.ITplus Application, Web and Linux Infrastructure Support. You will also work closely and collaborate with Sales, Account Management, Development, Software Support and our Technical Division so the jobholder will need great people-skills and great customer service skills to ensure the highest level of service and care is always delivered.
The broad range of tasks will include pre-sales consultancy, installation, service monitoring, incident management and consultancy. The Linux Infrastructure Engineers work within a rota system to allow each engineer to challenge themselves on all aspects of the role. You need to be able to maintain and manage a different variety of Linux Operating Systems and be familiar with the associated packages and applications associated with the operating system.
Working within tight guidelines and knowledge of Windows environments maybe necessary to resolve some incidents and queries. We will provide training, but a previous background in a Linux based role would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Provide software support to customers who are using Linux Servers, working closely with the team ensuring that SLAs are met
- Maintaining, configuring and monitoring Linux Operating Systems and the ability to troubleshoot when issues arise from the server
- Offering advice and support to customers in a professional manner whether that be working on Support or whilst attending a customer’s premises
- To install and configure prof.ITplus servers, associated IT infrastructure, and both Linux and prof.ITplus upgrades.
Skills & Experience…
- Experience with supporting Linux servers in physical and virtualised environments
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Experience of installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, DHCPD, Apache, MySQL, CUPS, Samba etc.
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
- Excellent communication, organisation, and time management skills
- A desire to build strong customer relationships
Email our Recruitment Team at [email protected] with your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are perfect for this role.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please call 01299 873 873.
We reserve the right to close any vacancy from further applications when we have received a sufficient number of applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.