Managed Services Engineer
- Salary depending on experience
- 25 days’ holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Private healthcare (following probation)
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Development opportunities
An overview of the opportunity...
As a Managed Services Engineer, you will be the owner of the day-to-day customer technical interface at OGL. The role involves working on diverse technologies, resolving our customer queries, managing the implementation of their change requests and inputting into the technical direction of their Cloud and on-premise solutions. Working alongside a friendly, experienced and supportive team, you’ll deliver consistently high levels of customer service – delighting our customers at every opportunity.
Hours: 38.25 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Analyse, understand and resolve technical incidents
- Scope change requests for possible impact, benefits and potential drawbacks prior to implementing them
- Suggest improvements to our customers’ solutions to ensure the best possible system design to achieve their business goals
- Make detailed notes and transfer knowledge around the team to ensure your customers’ setups are well-documented and easily supported by all
- Support the rest of the Managed Services department in delivering consistently high levels of Customer Service to your customers
- Maintain and develop your skills to stay ahead of the game
What you should expect…
Working with a variety of the latest on-premise and Cloud technologies, including the latest centralised storage, virtualised environments, security appliances and cutting-edge Cloud services, your responsibility will be communicating clearly with customers at all levels, translating between the technical and non-technical worlds. You’ll be prepared to suggest improvements to get to the root cause, work to move the technical solution forward and reduce the recurrence of issues. No two days are ever the same, so expect to be challenged in a fast-paced and enjoyable environment, where you are able to quickly develop your skills and career.
The ideal candidate’s skills...
- High level of technical experience gained in a hands-on role
- In-depth knowledge of servers and storage, virtualized environments and the concepts of Cloud technologies such as Office 365, Microsoft 365 and Azure
- Exemplary communication skills and attention to detail
- Tenacity and determination to get the job done right and go the extra mile for our customers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Who you will be working with...
You will be working alongside a highly skilled team of Engineers and Technical Support teams, who rely on each other to deliver operational excellence and resolve customer issues.
You will be part of a team with bespoke technical abilities and skillsets, which will assist you in becoming a key asset of our business.
If you think you have what it takes to join a growing leading technology company, please get in touch by calling our HR Team on 01299 873873 or emailing [email protected]