Hosted Services Engineer
- Attractive salary package, dependent on experience
- 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free on site parking
- Development opportunities
An overview of the opportunity...
Here at OGL, we are looking for a Hosted Services Engineer to join our Hosted Services division. Being part of the Hosted Team means you are responsible for the installation and maintenance of OGL’s Cloud Solutions including off-site backup, email, file sharing, virtual desktop and infrastructure services.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate problem solving skills and hold experience within a Support Desk environment. You will be communicating with customers and colleagues both via the telephone and email to troubleshoot issues raised from our monitoring software.
Managing our customer expectations and providing robust technical solutions, will ensure our customers are given the level of service expected of a reputable 40 plus year business. So, if you’re looking for a career that’s not just challenging, but full of potential and rewards, then please continue reading…
Hours: 38.25 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Provide support to our customers’ via phone, email and remote support
- Identify root causes for server / operating system failures and implement solutions
- Create customer / site documentation
- Support customers and assist with data recovery in the event of a disaster
- Maintain and develop technical skills
What you should expect…
The broad range of tasks will include preparation, installation, service monitoring, incident management and rehearsal/proof of concept demonstrations.
Working within a small team the different aspects of the role will be rotated between staff, ensuring that all personnel become competent in all aspects of the service. No two days’ are ever the same, so expect to be challenged!
Who you will be working with...
The Hosted Services Engineer will work as part of a small team within the Hosted Services division to ensure that the Off-Site Backup replication services are implemented and supported.
The ideal candidate’s skills...
- Previous experience within a Technical Engineer based role is essential
- Understanding of VMWare, Windows Server and Linux
- Experience supporting servers and virtualised environments
- Ability to work well within a team, supporting other team members
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We’re open to applications from individuals with the willingness to learn, excellent communication skills and a passion for our products.
Email our Recruitment Team with your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are perfect for this role.