Server Installation Engineer
Server Installation Engineer
- Job Type: Full-time
- 38.25 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Job Type: Permanent - Full-time
- Hours: 38.25 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Location: Kidderminster
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Team: Planned Services
- Attractive salary package, dependent on experience
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Employee benefits package including leisure, travel and retail discounts
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Monthly dress down days
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Development opportunities
Due to an exciting period of growth, we are looking for a Server Installation Engineer to join our busy Planned Services team.
The Planned Services team is responsible for the successful installation and delivery of IT Hardware and Services, to both existing and new customers. This role involves implementing advanced solutions including, but not limited to, Virtual Infrastructures on premise and within the cloud and Layer 3 switching / routing. You’ll also be responsible for keeping all parties up-to-date throughout the project life cycle.
Working alongside a friendly team of technical engineers, who have a passion for all things IT, you’ll deliver consistently high levels of customer service – exceeding our customers’ expectations at every opportunity. You’ll need to be confident investigating, diagnosing and troubleshooting installation related issues if they arise on-site to ensure the project is completed to a high quality and on time.
Technology under pins everything we do at OGL, meaning we’re constantly learning and exploring the latest technologies to stay ahead of the competition. So, if this sounds like your next challenge, get in touch!
- Carrying out site surveys and creating detailed documentation
- Delivering varied challenging projects and installations
- Third-party liaison
- Ensure all projects are delivered and installed within timescales
- Qualify customer expectations
- To actively operate either as part of a team or on your own with new customer installations
- Ensure a smooth hand-over from Planned Services to the support team
Skills & Experience...
- Installation of multi-server environments, (on-premise & cloud), including Exchange, clustered Terminal servers
- Working knowledge of Virtual environments using VMWare and Hyper-V
- Working knowledge with advanced configuration of firewalls, VLAN’s and switches
- Experience working with Microsoft 365 products, (Azure, Intune etc.)
- An ability to investigate, diagnose and troubleshoot a wide variety of installation related issues
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to maintain documents and records to a professional standard
Email our Recruitment Team at [email protected] with your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are perfect for this role.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please call 01299 873 873.
We reserve the right to close any vacancy from further applications when we have received a sufficient number of applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.