Service Desk Manager
- Attractive salary package, dependent on experience
- 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Company Vehicle
- Company Laptop
- Mobile Phone
- Private healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Development opportunities
An overview of the opportunity...
We are looking to recruit a Service Desk Manager to join our team, based primarily at our Kidderminster office. You will be focused on the support of our Managed Service and larger accounts, with the day to day responsibility for these teams to ensure that our customers continue to receive an excellent level of service.
You will be technically biased and able to converse at a technical level with both customers and colleagues. The role will require occasional customer site visits as you will be pivotal in maintaining the relationships between the support team and our customers.
The Service Desk teams utilise the latest in remote support and monitoring tools to keep our customers IT running effectively. The Service Desk is also very influential in the digital transformation of our customers and the company looks to the team for ongoing customer specific guidance. SLAs are also in place to ensure that our customers receive the service they deserve and, in conjunction with your team, you will focus on achieving above and beyond these standards.
If you wish to be in an influential role where you can make a difference to the support and development of our customers IT solutions, can provide excellent leadership and motivation, enjoy teamwork and wish to work in an excellent working environment with likeminded individuals then this is the role for you.
Hours: 38.25 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Overseeing and managing one of three Service Desk teams consisting of IT engineers and administrators
- Managing staff training and development needs
- Working together with our new and existing business sales teams to support customers, meet SLAs and manage expectations
- Collaborating with the existing business sales teams to pro-actively recommend IT solutions for customers to maintain and improve their IT infrastructure
- Communicating with customers and attending customer meetings as necessary
- Investigating and reporting on escalated technical issues
- Monitoring and analysing trends, looking for better working practices and continuous improvement
- Generating reports and providing feedback to management
What you should expect…
Your day will involve managing the team to resolve technical and commercial queries, providing support alongside our internal technical and non-technical teams, liaison with external 3rd parties, staff training and development, customer queries and general day-to-day operational issues.
You’ll be ensuring that we not only manage our customers, but deliver the level of service we are reputed for and help exceed expectations.
If you’re looking for a job where you’ll be working with a great team of people, where every day is different and challenging, but you can make a difference, then apply now.
Who you will be working with...
You’ll become a very important part of our business, where teamwork is essential within the Technical Service Desk, together with a ‘customer centric’ approach and genuine will to provide all customers with an overwhelmingly positive experience.
You’ll be working alongside the other Service Desk Managers and a team of skilled technical engineers, who will rely on the information you provide, to ensure that that customers’ enquiries are resolved or escalated within our SLA’s.
You will be required to work with other departments (Sales, Accounts) to ensure that our customers’ receive the outstanding level of customer service that OGL is reputable for.
The ideal candidate’s skills...
- Previous experience of working within a service delivery environment
- Proven managerial experience with the ability to motive a team, drive efficiencies and productivity
- A good technical understanding
- Outstanding communication skills
- A commitment to create a first-class customer service environment
Email our Recruitment Team at [email protected] with your CV and a covering letter telling us
your salary expectations and why you are perfect for this role.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please call 01299 873 873.