Server based computing
Server based computing (SBC) is where central server farms are used to deploy, manage, support and execute applications. Information is exchanged between the client and the server farms yet no applications actually reside or execute on the desktop client. At this central point, server based computing delivers instant access to business critical applications and data.
The benefits of server based computing from OGL are:
- Cost savings, as the total cost of ownership is reduced and return on investment is maximised
- Total IT management control of access and administration as everything is managed from the central server
- Improved network performance
- Reduced need for network and client device upgrades
- Network growth is easy as new servers can be added to SBC farms
- Security is heightened as there is no need for peripheral drivers to store data, users log onto the server directly.
For more information about server based computing please contact our Technical Consultancy Team on 01299 873 873.
Solution Connection Login
to start a remote support session.