- Proven experience working within a support or installation team
- Be enthusiastic about resolving user issues and provide solutions
- When communicating with customers and clients, professional written and interpersonal skills are required
- Logical and organised in approach to workload
- A desire and enthusiasm to continue to develop your own technical knowledge to keep up to date with advances in technology
- Track record of working with both on-premise and hosted infrastructures, e.g. Azure, Data Centre, AWS etc
- You can investigate problems in systems, processes and services, with an understanding of the level of a problem
- You can own an issue until a new owner has been found or the problem has been mitigated or resolved
- Perform problem-solving research and testing to resolve/fulfil requests to meet customer/colleague requirements
Beneficial skills & experience:
- Windows operating systems and applications exposure
- Basic understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- Understanding of Virtualisation Software, such as VMWare, HyperV etc
The Linux Infrastructure Engineer role is part of the Infrastructure Team that has responsibility for our internal and customer IT infrastructure. This means you will be actively involved in maintaining and supporting all internal infrastructure alongside requests from internal users. This is a varied role and you will also take on responsibility for carrying out Linux server installations, system upgrades as well as supporting external customers with their business applications including prof.ITplus, Profit4 and their associated services.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in both reactive and proactive technical support, provide consultancy and guidance in relation to issues and requirements, establish solutions and recommendations to the software customer base and work actively with colleagues to help grow your own role.
Communication is essential, you will work closely with our Support & Delivery Teams to ensure complete customer satisfaction throughout their relationship with us. Your attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively, and vision to lead from the front, ensuring Installation requirements are captured and that Support and Internal IT requests are responded to and acted on, are all valuable assets.
Our customers are at the heart of our company, so it is important, especially as part of our Software team, that you are as passionate about providing quality customer service as we are.
- To provide support to the Software Customer Base addressing issues being experienced and finding a resolution for each individual case, ensuring that the customer is provided with regular updates and information throughout the lifecycle of the incident
- To work in conjunction with the Support Team in establishing solutions to customer calls, ensuring that calls are escalated following the appropriate escalation procedure, thus achieving the required resolution
- Alongside the infrastructure team, you and your team members will work closely with our Dev Ops team and will be responsible for maintaining the upkeep of all internal systems
- Own the installation process, think outside the box & consider how we can bring efficiencies to the installation process through the automation of service
- Conduct remote and on-site Site Surveys, following the Site Survey process, including the assessment of existing hardware and infrastructure
- To deliver pre-sales consultancy as and when required identifying solutions, improved methods and solutions for optimising the proposed customer solution.
- To identify support calls that will require further investigation/guidance from a colleague and instigate the appropriate escalation
- Create a portfolio of technical information/diagrams to support the delivery of service
The benefits of working at OGL:
Our staff work hard, and we appreciate their commitment. That’s why we want them to feel valued. We have all the standard benefits you expect from most employers plus a few extras too…
- Hybrid with flexible working
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Private healthcare
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- An investment in your learning, development and career progression
- Free on-site parking
We reserve the right to close any vacancy from further applications when we have received a sufficient number of applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.