Senior Support Analyst
- Attractive salary package, dependent on experience
- 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Development opportunities
An overview of the opportunity...
We are looking for a Senior Support Analyst to join our Security Operations Centre (SOC) within our CyberGuard Technologies division. The role involves proactively investigating and managing cyber-attacks within our customers’ network. Working within the team, you will be responsible for dealing with escalated alerts flagged from our Carbon Black Defense next generation anti-virus software, AlienVault network monitoring software and our Managed Firewall Alerts.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate problem solving skills and hold experience within a SOC environment. You will be communicating with customers and colleagues both via the telephone and email to troubleshoot issues raised.
Managing our customer expectations and providing robust technical solutions, you will ensure our customers are given the level of service expected of a reputable 40 plus year business. So, if you’re looking for a career that’s not just challenging, but full of potential and rewards, then please continue reading.
Hours: 38.25 hours (Monday to Friday)
- To manage and exceed customer SLA’s
- Monitor and respond to Carbon Black and AlienVault alerts
- Manage escalated cyber security issues
- Maintain Managed firewalls across our customer base
- Incident report writing
- Remote installation work
- Be a security exemplar offering best practice advice
- Represent the CyberGuard brand and services offered
What you should expect…
The successful candidate will have a broad knowledge of cyber security. They will be an integral part of the team and ideally have knowledge across the following areas – Next Generation Antivirus solutions, Networks and Firewall technologies, SIEM products, Linux Operating systems, security incident response and security risk management.
The ideal candidate’s skills...
We are not just looking for the average candidate, but an individual with passion that will support CyberGuard, to manage and exceed customer expectations. We are therefore interested in candidates with:
- Proactive mindset is a must
- Well organised and motivated
- Good technical understanding of networking concepts
- Knowledge in Server Operating systems, both Windows and Linux
- Ability to understand new technologies and identify potential security weaknesses
- Understanding of application security
- Working towards a security related qualification / degree (desirable)
- Knowledge of the security aspects of multiple computer hardware and operating systems
- Knowledge of the key techniques involved in defending against exploits and cyber-attacks
Who you will be working with...
You will be working alongside a highly skilled team of IT Engineers, Sales Managers and Technical Support teams, all who rely on each other to deliver operational excellence and outstanding customer service.
We’re open to applications from individuals with the willingness to learn, excellent communication skills and a passion for our products.
Email our Recruitment Team with your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are perfect for this role.