DR & Backup: It won’t happen to me!
Posted on: 12 March 2018
By: Jamie Turvey, Marketing Executive
Data is the lifeblood of your business and the inability to access it for any significant amount of time can be catastrophic to most businesses.
Therefore, whatever your business type or size, failure to prepare a robust Disaster Recovery (DR) and Backup plan is not an option, it’s a necessity. The key is to be prepared.
So, is your business prepared?
You can never be under prepared and the true success of a DR and Backup strategy is to plan for the most unlikely event.
However, there are still businesses out there that believe a disaster simply won’t happen to them. Calling these organisations naïve is an understatement. Two in 5 companies still do not have a documented DR plan, and over a quarter admit to rarely testing them, even though 54% of companies report they have experienced downtime from a single event lasting more than 8 hours.
Not being prepared can have a detrimental effect. Can you afford to risk losing customer details, such as account and contact information, accountancy documentation, employee records and payroll information, current and historical customer orders, stock records and projection information? A company is only as good as its data, and how you look after that data in the event of a disaster can ultimately make or break your business.
Still not convinced?
Here are five interesting facts you need to know about DR and Backup:
- A recent survey showed that 75% of downtime is reported to be due to a power outage. Hardware failure and human error make up the top three. So, even if you’re not worried about protecting your business from a natural disaster, you still need to make sure your business is prepared.
- Only 20% of businesses are confident that their current data protection solution can keep pace with the speed and capabilities of solid state drives (SSDs).
- Businesses with more than 500 employees are more inclined to have a DR strategy in place. Whilst unbelievably, 46% of companies with less than 500 employees who were surveyed still haven’t got a DR plan.
- Reliability is ranked the number one concern when searching for a DR solution, according to 50% of IT professionals surveyed. Cost is listed as the third priority, behind speed of recovery.
- Hybrid-based cloud solutions make IT professionals more confident in DR rather than an on-premise only solution. What’s more, IT professionals who use cloud-based technology as part of their DR solution, find it easier to manage.
How to plan the perfect DR and Backup strategy?
Talk to a professional. Having been in business for over 40 years, OGL Computer has a team of experienced IT professionals, who can review your current strategy and evaluate your strengths and weaknesses, highlighting areas you could improve.
We have an array of options ranging from, Cloud Recovery, Cloud Virtual Replication, Cloud Desktop, Cloud Virtual Recovery to Onsite Recovery. After an initial discussion we’ll be able to find the right solution which fits your specific needs.
Alternatively, you can take our free online consultation, powered by Veeam, regarding your DR and Backup. It takes less than 2 minutes to complete and will generate a full Executive Report for you.
To take the free consultation, click the click below:
For more information visit: www.ogl.co.uk/disaster-recovery-and-backup or you can call us on 01299 873 873 and a DR and Backup expert will be happy to help.
In this day and age, it’s relatively simple to protect your business – namely your data – from the consequences of a fire, flood, theft or other disaster by backing up your systems and deploying a disaster recovery strategy. “It won’t happen to me” We certainly hope it won’t but experience tells us that businesses do suff...Find out more >
Why do we need to store data? The importance of data storage may sound obvious to some however, there are still businesses that dismiss how crucial it is to their company. Data is exponential, it’s everything and everywhere. Essentially, it’s the lifeblood of your business. If you haven’t got access to emails, documents, presentations, customer a...Find out more >
At OGL we are proud to be a trusted Veeam Gold Cloud and Service Provider enabling us to offer you the best Data Backup and Disaster Recovery products and services. Veeam is a market-leader within the industry who supports over a quarter of a million customers and achieves the highest customer satisfaction scores in their field. As your IT Partner, it&...Find out more >