Charlie Grant Celebrates 15 Years | OGL Group
A huge congratulations to Charlie Grant who recently celebrated 15 years at OGL.
Charlie looks back on the last 15 years:
“I’ve had many different roles in OGL so here goes:
- I started as a Linux Junior;
- Upgraded to Linux Installations Engineer;
- Recession hit so moved into a Technical Admin role;
- Moved back into Linux as a Senior Engineer;
- Decided to take a punt and apply for the Linux Team Leader role;
- Headed Hosted Services;
- Become Software Support Helpdesk Manager;
- Progressed to Operations Manager;
- Went on to head up the Development team as the prof.ITplus Development & 3rd Line Manager;
- Finally, fast forward to my most recent roles as Head of Profit4 and to the title I hold today as the Head of Operational Product Development.
“I like to think there have been many things I have achieved here, but what gives me the biggest sense of achievement is seeing my protégés flourish. I love seeing people who have worked for, or alongside, me progress and better their own careers. I’ve had the pleasure of working in many different areas of the business and I have worked with some top people along the way.
“As for my most interesting memory, not everyone will be interested but it would be when we took on the Three Peaks challenge and completed that within (sort of) 24 hours. The experience from the moment we got on the coach to reaching the first peak will live with me forever: a fantastic experience.”
Sharon Moreno, Charlie’s manager, congratulates him on his 15 years at OGL:
“I think that I speak on behalf of everyone who has had the privilege to work with Charlie over his 15 years at OGL: an absolute stalwart of the business who puts the company and people at the heart of everything he does.
“Charlie joined the business fresh out of university, so as you can imagine very green when it came to the commercial world, but he hit the ground running and has never looked back. Over the years Charlie has performed numerous roles within the business and as you would expect has thrived and progressively attained more senior positions, taking on more and more responsibility.
“But to me Charlie’s standout quality and an inherent part of his character is his drive to work with people to achieve their career aspirations. It’s wonderful to see the people who have been sprinkled with a bit of the Charlie Grant “magic”, as they develop and progress in their roles – he is an inspiration to us all.
“Congratulations on your 15 years of service. I am extremely proud of all your achievements, and it is an absolute honour to work with you.”